Please sign in to post.

Milan malpensa

After reading off the horror stories of major European airports, I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience In Malpensa?
Thanks

Posted by
8094 posts

I have not heard anything negative--other than it';s a pretty far hike out of Milan to Malpensa.

Royal Caribbean is switching ports from Venice to Ravenna for their cruise ships. The easiest gateway airport would be Malpensa and a train takes travelers straight to Ravenna (thru Bologna).

Posted by
11056 posts

I have always liked using MXP for our trips to northern Italy and never have had any problems there. On our return trips back to US, we have stayed overnight at nearby Villa Malpensa many times. It is very near Lake Maggiore, a short drive there.

Posted by
7129 posts

Hi Margie, I flew into Malpensa May 31 and it was a quick process - no different than normal to be on my way, taking the train into Milan. I flew home from Rome June 23 and arrived with lots of time, and again, it felt like normal times for getting through security, etc. I only travel with a carry on bag, so I’m not standing in lines for checking luggage or needing to stop at baggage claim.