Please sign in to post.

Luggage Question...

We had a bag miss a flight to Paris, but it was delivered to our hotel the next day. What if we were staying far away from Paris? What would happen then? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
2138 posts

I think the airline would be the best place to get your answer. A few years ago our luggage was lost/missed the plane flying from Amsterdam to Zurich. We flew Delta so we filed a claim with their office. We were enroute to Murren (31/2 hours away by train and cable car). We honestly never thought we’d be reunited with our bags again, at least not until we returned home in the states. The next day the luggage was delivered to our hotel! Amazing service 👍

Posted by
6320 posts

Some years ago we were on a "Best of Sicily" tour, and one of the couples' luggage was lost on their flight. As the group moved from place to place, the luggage followed, always one stop behind. After about a week or so, the luggage finally caught up with them. The poor couple was just beside themselves with relief.

We did lend them clothes along the way; I was taller than the woman, but our hip span was similar, and Stan (and I think at least one other guy) lent shirts to the husband.

We all enjoyed hearing about the travels of the luggage as we traversed Sicily, always one stop ahead.

Posted by
8162 posts

That's why I never check a bag. I once had to wait 2 days in an Atlanta airport hotel for my checked bag with my electronic car key to show up.

Morale--Have the wife take her car keys with her too.

Posted by
491 posts

If its a full-service airline I think they will forward it on - but I avoid flying long-haul with checked bags if I'm immediately leaving the location I'm flying to.

I know as a result of baggage delays last year a whole bunch of cruisers flying out of the UK to Vancouver to catch a 7 /10 daycruise to Alaska on Cunard never got their luggage until the end of the cruise. That must have been fun trying to meet dress code and dress for the climate!

Posted by
353 posts

I'm with Lissie...never check a bag if I will immediately move on from my arrival city. I only check bags on my return flight. And it's impossible to know if your scenario will be the ideal one described above because it depends on the airline and on the destination.