Please sign in to post.

Luggage on train

I am travelling on an overnight train from frankfurt to lucern and am worried about my luggage not fitting under my seat and that I would have to leave it at the back of the train. Does any one the size of the luggage that will fit under my seat?

Posted by
852 posts

Olivia, you will find a rack above your seat intended for your luggage ... We have never had any problem finding space for our bags there. It's a good idea to run a luggage strap around a rack bar and secure it so nobody can easily make off with a bag while you are looking at the passing scenery.

Remember, there are steamers operating on Lake Lucerne which are inexpensive and make great lake cruises. These are the lake transportation not just for tourists, but for those who live at villages on the lake as well. Consider a short trip to Vitznau, then take the Vitznau-Rigi Bahn (cog railway) to the top of mount Rigi. What a great view! bon voyage, P.

Posted by
705 posts

I suppose it also depends on the size of your luggage. The racks above your head are the easiest and most convenient but I have also left mine beside my seat if the train wasn't too full and it wasn't a problem. The last few trains I have been on didn't have an 'under the seat'. If you do have to put it at the back of the train the strap with lock idea sounds good.