Please sign in to post.

Luggage

I will be travelling from Zurich to Munich on Train booked thorugh DB Bahn. There is no information regading the luggage Allowance or its size a person can carry. Is the luggage to be booked in a separate luggage compartment or it is to be carried in the same coach in which the seats are booked. If so is there a separate section in every coach for luggage?

Posted by
8700 posts

You cannot check luggage so you will be responsible for carrying it on and off the train. There is no luggage allowance. You are limited only by how much you can carry. Small bags will fit in the rack above your seat. Large bags will need to go in the bins at the end of the car.

Posted by
864 posts

Please also remember that it's a big step up from the train platform to the first step on the train. If you are traveling with someone else hand up your luggage then get on board. On many trains there is also a luggage storage area mid train as well as at one end but this fills up. The overhead bins are only for small suitcases, backpacks etc. Put any valuables in something you can put in the overhead bin above your seat. That said I've never had my suitcase opened or taken from storage at the end of the car. Ask ahead which end of the car has the luggage storage rack and save yourself some hassel. Info may also be found (usually) on line (I'm told).