Please sign in to post.

Lufthansa to serve JFK and SFO to Frankfurt on A380

From February Lufthansa will operate JFK to Frankfurt services on the world's largest and most modern aircraft, the Airbus A380. Air France already deploys this model on JFK to Paris services. Starting in May Lufthansa will also introduce A380 service on their nonstop flights from San Francisco to Frankfurt. On an A380 there is significantly more legroom and wider seats in Coach, in-seat video, a new service concept and more spacious bathrooms...

Posted by
1557 posts

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to get frequent flyer tickets for my return from Europe but this flight is only showing business class tickets availability around the days I want to fly. Will keep checking as it would be fun to travel on this aircraft. I know my son would be thrilled.

Posted by
9101 posts

I notice the A380 flight departs JFK 3:40pm and arrives 5:15am. I hope they have enough Immigration officers on hand at that hour to deal with the world's biggest plane;)

Posted by
4408 posts

"a new service concept" - I nearly snorted my drink! Sometimes these days, "service" would be a new service concept... Oh. My. Gosh. Bud. Vases. With. Their. Own. Little. Spotlights. Must. Fly. First. Class. Please. Send. Money. I. Accept. Paypal. And. VISA. "...more spacious bathrooms..." If spacious = ability to do a cartwheel and not hit anything! Wow! Paypal and VISA...

Posted by
1557 posts

Thanks to your heads up, I called UA and changed our summer frequent flyer tickets so that I can fly on the LH Airbus 380 on the outbound. I'm looking forward to this.

Posted by
23319 posts

Is the 380 the one with the bathrooms downstairs? We loved it when we came back from Spain.

Posted by
2779 posts

No, that's the A340-600... But the A380 contains everything passengers liked about the 340 series and - of course as it's so much bigger - more...

Posted by
23319 posts

I thought putting the bathrooms in the basement was a terrific idea. So much more convenient and flexible.