Please sign in to post.

Lufthansa Strike

I see that the Lufthansa pilots were on strike again last week for two days. Does anyone who lives in Germany, have any information on if things are settled yet or do you think there will be future strikes. I need to book a roundtrip flight to Germany for early and mid November. I would prefer to fly Lufthansa, but do not want to risk my flights being cancelled. Thanks for any information anyone has.

Posted by
544 posts

I don't live in Germany, but my dad's Lufthansa flight out of Seattle was canceled awhile back due to a strike. He was rebooked by Lufthansa onto the British Airways flight that left the same day, so he left around 7pm instead of 2pm. One good part about flying outside of the summer months is that there are more empty seats to get everyone where they are going even if there is a strike.

Posted by
2752 posts

I am not in Germany - But - If you would Google "Lufthansa strike" you would see all the up-to-date news on the Lufthansa situation, including the latest that there is a court injunction prohibiting the strike and they are talking. You have a simple choice - fly Lufthansa, with what appears to be only a small amount of uncertainty, or decide now to fly another airline.

In July, we booked a trip on Lufthansa for end of September into October, our preferred airline. Now, we have uncertainty, along with the uncertainty of the Budapest situation, as we will be there. Anything that can happen because of these events is out of our control, and we were never guaranteed perfection. We will adapt if something comes up. If you feel the Lufthansa situation is a deal-breaker for you, then fly with another airline.

Posted by
2788 posts

On our yearly trip from Seattle to Europe, we have gotten caught in a Lufthansa strike twice, once here in Seattle and once over there in Frankfurt. I time we got caught here in Seattle was a disaster, the time in Europe not so bad. Twice was enough for me. I do not fly Lufthansa anymore.