Please sign in to post.

Lufthansa...

Has anyone flown in Lufthansa's Premium Economy Class? The plane is an A340-600.
Thinking of treating ourselves to some extra room this year.

Posted by
23574 posts

Treat away. The additional space is not overly generous but still better than econ.

Posted by
2393 posts

not having the seat in front of you in your lap...priceless

Posted by
2674 posts

If it's not too much more I usually spring for it. I'm pretty miserable on an airplane and those few inches sometimes save my sanity on a long flight.

Posted by
687 posts

Premium Economy is the only way I can get my husband to fly to Europe. It's enough extra space to make flying feel civilized again. We believe it is worth the extra cost because you arrive feeling more able to enjoy the rest of your trip.

Posted by
34 posts

I have never flown Lufthansa, but I recommend premium economy offerings. Usually they are what, around $100 each way? Not a bad price for the extra room, priority boarding and therefore easier storage for your carry-on, and usually free drinks and better snacks.

Posted by
3551 posts

Lufthansa econ is always better than any us based airline economy seat imo. But if the price is right i would def go for it.

Posted by
5697 posts

But before signing up for any seat, I check seatguru -- some of the "premium" seats don't recline or have other drawbacks...

Posted by
2961 posts

Thanks all. I always check seatguru. Hopefully we'll be able to have a little bit more relaxed experience. No looking for first class, just a bit more comfortable than what we've always done, coach. We've always had good experiences with Lufthansa, plus they are the only ones (besides United, codeshare) offering non stop r/t between NJ and Munich. Return flight leaves Munich at 3:20pm.