Please sign in to post.

London to Paris 3/25/2013

Help in the cheapest way to get from London to Paris. I am getting crazy fees on the flights, Ryan,Skyscanner etc. Is there a budget connection to Eurostar ?
Thanks for any help or advise. Susan

Posted by
3696 posts

Are you needing a round trip ticket from London to Paris? Or just one way? If you are looking at one way tickets and they are expenssive try looking for RT even though you might not need the return. They are often cheaper. There are tickets from Heathrow to CDG for $127 on that date. Check Orbitz.

Posted by
46 posts

Thanks, I will check Orbitz now. I got some killer rates on easyjet for other parts of the trip, but no luck on this leg.

Posted by
33554 posts

Looking on that day on the official site www.eurostar.com I see £89 on several trains. You will have to wait until after the morning rush but then it looks pretty good in the afternoon. Unfortunately with tickets going on sale 120 days out and you only looking 3 weeks out most of the best tickets have gone to other people. Skyscanner shows Easyjet and BA with £76 or £77 on several flights but you will have to be flexible on time and airport. Put London all airports and Paris all airports into Skyscanner... Ryan - yukk What crazy fees on the flights do you mean?

Posted by
11294 posts

I've read that the cheapest way is the bus. It goes on the ferry, or through the tunnel under the Channel (phrasing chosen carefully <g>). It takes substantially longer than other methods, but you asked about cheapest, not fastest. For information, look at http://www.eurolines.co.uk/. A quick look for March 25 shows that there are both day and overnight runs, and that fares start at £25, which will be hard to beat. The day runs take seven and a half hours, and night runs about an hour longer (although since Paris is one hour ahead of London, you "lose" an hour). Also, while the bus leaves from Victoria Coach Station in London, which is central, it arrives at Paris Gallieni Bus station, which is not, so you have to add the Metro time in. For flights, remember to add in the time and money it takes to get to and from the airports, particularly far ones like London Stanstead or Paris Beauvais.

Posted by
46 posts

Thank you so much for your response. Our budget has us using miles to fly from Denver CO to Paris, by way of London. So we need to get to Paris as economically as possible mid day on a Monday. Checked all the air recommendations in Ricks books and am coming up with $600+ airfare. Chunnel is looking better............

Posted by
3580 posts

If arriving at Heathrow, take the tube (underground) to Kings Cross/San Pancras rail stations. The Eurostar train to Paris leaves from San Pancras. Look for the cheapest ticket on Eurostar.com ASAP. You will need to be at the train station at least 30 minutes in advance of departure time.

Posted by
46 posts

Thanks, but that was the problem, I did not want to spend $600 for the eurostar train to paris. I just booked a British Airline flight for $147 out of Heathrow, which will be best cause we arrive Heathrow from the states Sun nite late will stay at an airport hotel, and will fly out of Heathrow in the morn. thanks again