Please sign in to post.

London to Paris

Hello,
My husband and I are honeymooning in Istanbul and then flying to London to meet some friends. We are going to rent a car there and drive to Scotland to meet other friends as well. We will have about ten days in the U.K. and were thinking we would like to go to Paris as well, but we are on a budget, for time as well as money, and I am not sure if it would be make more sense to go as a day trip or at the end of the trip and fly home from Paris, or if it is just too much to fit in for this trip. There will be four or five of us. Any suggestions/feedback would be great.

Posted by
4684 posts

If you book around 120 days before departure at www.eurostar.com you can get a return train ticket from London to Paris and back for as low as £69. It's quite possible to do a day trip, you just have to ask yourself if the money and potentially limited time in Paris will be worth it. The rail trip takes 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours each way. (If you're looking at a timetable and get confused about why the Paris-London trip seems so much faster, remember Paris is an hour ahead of London by time zone.)