Please sign in to post.

London to Brussels

I am backpacking Europe this summer and planning on flying into London. From London I want to go to Amsterdam or Brussels and am wondering the cheapest way to do so. I then plan to backpack and end up in Paris and am wondering the cheapest way to get from Paris back to London. I looked at multi-city tickets, but they were about $400 more expensive so I am wondering if it makes more sense to fly in and out of London. Any advice is appreciated!

Posted by
4684 posts

You can get very cheap fares if you book train tickets online (www.eurostar.com four months in advance for London-Brussels and Paris-London and www.thalys.com three months in advance for Amsterdam or Brussels to Paris). However, these tickets are strictly limited to single trains and can't be changed. The absolute cheapest routes are usually by bus (www.eurolines.com, www.megabus.co.uk, or www.idbus.co.uk for different routes between London and Paris). Also look into fare deals on the Dutch Flyer rail plus ferry service between London and Amsterdam, if you don't mind an overnight journey.