Please sign in to post.
Posted by
11179 posts

Cannot address your topic,but curiosity has me wondering if you revised your trip to be IAD-STN or doing MUC-STN ( not MUC-LHR)

Hope its the former to save you needless air time

Happy travels

Posted by
32746 posts

Stansted Express train to Tottenham Hale, easy change to Victoria Line tube to Victoria is the fastest (one hour and 9 minutes all in) and just about the easiest; there are also (slow and not so fab) buses which make the journey to Victoria Coach Station.

Posted by
4044 posts

On a quiet Saturday evening I chose a bus at random in the airport entrance/exit. Low price, comparable or below the train. Total of three passengers for a smooth ride through very light traffic to Victoria train station and Underground. I am sure mid-day traffic would slow things up considerably.

Posted by
4684 posts

At most normal times of day you will have a lot of traffic delays between the end of the M11 and Victoria. I would definitely follow Nigel's Stansted Express + Victoria Line route, especially if you are getting a train from Victoria.

Posted by
7837 posts

I have an Oyster Card can I used that to take the Stansted Express part of the route?

Posted by
32746 posts

No, sorry.

Straight quote from their fares page:
"You can’t use Oyster or Contactless payment cards on Stansted Express services to/from Stansted Airport."

They have very good deals though for advance purchase. The Stansted Express Advance fares (they call them their deals) are valid for the entire day booked so no worries if your plane is early or late.

Posted by
7837 posts

Yeah thanks Nigel that was my 1st instinct ; and
I got lazy researching . That Oyster card is hype. No?

Posted by
32746 posts

There must be a good reason for the Visitor Oyster Card - maybe for people who are compulsive planners in a foreign language who would feel ill if they didn't have all their tickets in hand (so easier to lose) several weeks before travel.

Personally I see no need for it for the vast number of travelers.