Hi All, We are scheduled to leave for Greece on KLM September 11th. Obviously the chances of that happening are slim to none. I have been patiently playing the waiting game, assuming KLM will eventually cancel so that I can ask for a refund. I had one hotel already cancel as they have decided to remain closed for the remainder of 2020.
I was checking the schedule about a week ago, just to see if they were still showing flights at that time. I did not see our flight so I logged on to my booking. They now have me scheduled to depart 2 days later on the 13th. Considering their own contract of carriage states delays of 3 hours or more may be refunded, this certainly should qualify. However, they currently are still showing a flight departing Boston on 9/11 only 2 hours earlier connecting to my original 2nd leg, thus getting in at the same time.
I still feel it is highly unlikely either flight will go - so my question, would you recommend to call the airline (or request through their website) now to try to obtain a refund or continue to wait for them to cancel?