Please sign in to post.

KLM Airlines

I'm considering flying with them for my next trip to London. Are they all they're cracked up to be, compared to British Airways which I have always used before?

Posted by
989 posts

Not my personal experience, but my mother's. She has flown nothing but BA (since forever)but in the last couple of years was persuaded to try both KLM and Lufthansa. She was satisfied with both and thought they were comparable to BA.

Posted by
188 posts

My husband is in Amsterdam now and flew KLM. He said he slept for 4 hours, (seats recline more), service was great - just like airline travel used to be!

Posted by
689 posts

You might want to check to see which planes they use on the route you'll fly[INVALID]others may have flown on different routes/planes which can make a big difference. (I remember someone posting here about how much they hate flying Air France because of the planes they use between SF and Paris, whereas I LOVE flying Air France between Seattle and Paris because this route uses those new Airbus 330s).

Posted by
629 posts

Not my personal experience, but my sister's. She has flown 4 times with KLM over the past 2 years and has nothing but good to say about them. She will be flying with them again in the new year. Her boy friend (a long time BA fan) has decided to try KLM next month.

Posted by
1568 posts

I prefer KLM or Lufthansa when flying from US to Europe. Good service on both.

Posted by
332 posts

I have not flown BA, but I was quite happy with KLM. They managed to serve a sandwich and drink on the short flight from Amsterdam to Paris. US airlines claimed they did not have enough time to serve anything back when they were still serving something.

Posted by
12313 posts

I've flown KLM and found it as good or better than other flights I've taken. I'm not at all brand loyal so always fly whichever airline gives me the best deal (although I won't fly alItalia).