Please sign in to post.

Kemwel Car Rental

I'm trying to find the real scoop on Kemwel Car rental's CDW insurance deduct. Is it realy Zero? do you end up having to pay extra when you pick up your car?
Why is Kemwel so different from Autoeurope if they are owned by the same company and their web pages look so similar? Thanks in advance!

Posted by
508 posts

We used Kemwel a few times. The last time we booked, there were different prices for the same car class online so I called for more information. They explained everything and their rental was exactly as promised. They said that each car rental agency has their own coverage and policies, so they helped us compare the details of each offer - some had deductibles and some wouldn't cover any single car accidents or additional drivers. We also had no problems at the rental agencies. For one, we had to pay a separate daily road fee as expected but were not charged for anything else.

We have also used Carjet and Sixt in Europe and would recommend either company. We had a car from Avis for one day in Madrid and it was a hassle - they tried to charge us a different rate than on our confirmation and then spent about 15 minutes trying to convince me to put the charge in dollars at their horrible exchange rate. Maybe it was an isolated incident, but I wouldn't use Avis in Europe again.