Please sign in to post.

karlsruhe, germany airport... looking for bus 205 timetables

Hello! I will be landing at the Karlsruhe airport in Germany on 3/26 at 21.10. I need some sort of public transportation to get to the Sunshine Hostel in Baden Baden. I know that I need to take the bus 205 to Baden Baden from the airport, but I can't find the bus timetables anywhere! Can anyone supply me with a direct link for this?? Thanks!

Posted by
19092 posts

Miranda,

I'll try to find those schedules. Meantime, Baden-Baden is in the Karlsruher Verkehrverbund (KVV, www.kvv.de).

HERE

I found the address. It's at Adlerstrasse 5.

Posted by
19092 posts

Looks like the simplest route is to take bus 205 for 43 minutes to Leopoldsplatz. It's a seven minute walk from there.

Looks like the bus leaves hourly at about 44 minutes past from the airport. Sat and Sun the service is a little more sporatic.

The last bus on the 26th leaves the airport at 8:32. After that you will have to wait until morning or take a taxi.

I see you are arriving on a Ryan Error flight. One of the nice features of Ryan is that to save on landing fees, they fly at odd hours, before and after public transportation runs. Better see what the Ryan Error website says about connecting transportation.

Posted by
15 posts

hmmm... yes, the ryan "error". well i'm praying that i can at least take a taxi if no other public transportation is available. so... the bus stops running at 8.32 pm... taxi it is!! can you get a taxi at any hour??? and will they just be waiting for customers at the airport?

also, i will be flying out of karlsruhe on 4/6 at 9.55 am. can you send me the bus timtable link so I can determine if we will need a taxi for that trip as well?

Thanks. You're very helpful :)

Posted by
15 posts

my bad... you already sent the timetable. silly me ;) thanks!

Posted by
15 posts

Lee-

Could you provide me with a bus timetable from Sunshine Hostel to the Karlsruhe Airport? I need to check for my 4/6 flight.

The hostel offers rides to the aiport for $33. Do you think that it would be a better deal to call a cab?

Would a train be an option?? I have no clue!

Thanks, Miranda

Posted by
19092 posts

Looks like the first 205 run leaves Leopoldsplatz at 7:55 and arrives at the airport at 8:39. That might be too late considering Ryan's checkin (chicken) policy.

An earlier connection leaves Leopoldsplatz at 7:02 on bus 244, changes to bus 205 at the Bahnhof (7:10-7:16), and arrives at the airport at 7:39.

Posted by
19092 posts

I'm getting these schedules right off of the KVV website (Fahrplanauskunft). There is no train to the airport; there might be a bus to some station, train to the Bahnhof, and bus from there, but I don't think so or it would have shown up as an alternative to the schedule they showed leaving the airport the next morning.

Go to the KVV website. In the upper RH corner is where to input your starting point (Start) and destination (Ziel). Use Baden-Baden for both Start and Ziel. Use the hotel address in the box below Start and change Haltestelle to Strasse/Hausnr. Keep Haltestelle for Ziel and put in Flughafen. Put in the time and date (Uhrzeit and Datum); make sure you use European format. Abfahrt is departure (from Start); Ankunft is arrival (at Ziel). Click ANFORDERN for the schedule.

Ryan's website says that a taxi from the airport to Baden-Baden (where?) costs €28. That's more in US$ (right now) than $33 (was that $33 or €33?).

Posted by
15 posts

Okay... it seems like the Bus 244 to Bus 205 plan will work. Will Bus 204 drop me off close to where Bus 205 will pick us up to take us to the airport?

... and what exactly is this "chicken" policy. I've heard of Ryanair nightmares but I've never flown with them before. Inform me before I become another victim!

Posted by
15 posts

I read on the eurotrip.com under the hostel features that the airport pickup was 32.53 USD. So that seems like the way to go for 3/26 arrival??

The hostel address is Adlerstr. 5, City Centre-Augustaplatz, Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurrtemberg 76530, Germany

Once again, thanks :)

Posted by
19092 posts

There are a couple of lines of busstops in front of the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). When bus 244 drops you off, you'll be just a few feet from where bus 205 leaves.

Ryan Error closes the checkin at a certain time (I think it is 40 min) before flight time. If you are not checked in, even if you have been in line for an hour, you've missed the flight, and there are no refunds.

P.S. You are going to be in B-B for 10 days? Business meeting, or are you just using it as a base?

Posted by
15 posts

wow. well is two hours enough time to get through the check in lines if i'm flying from country to country (like london to germany, ireland to scotland)? i'm flying ryanair for every flight!

and i'm planning three weeks worth of spring break for my parents and i. we'll just be staying in that hostel for the night... traveling the romantic road... then down into switzerland in the lauterbrunnen area... then back out of karlsruhe. we're planning to use the Bernina Express as transportation as well!

thanks for helping me with the bus routes. i would have never found that information!

Posted by
19092 posts

BTW, I've added a few new pieces of information to my 3:21 posting. Might help you use the KVV website.

I also found, using the Bahn website, that bus 205 leaves Leopoldsplatz at 6:58 and meets bus 244 at the Hbf, then goes on to the airport. If you get to Leopoldsplatz 4 minutes earlier, you would avoid changing buses at the Hbf.

What part of the Romantic Road are you going to travel? You seem to have plenty of time. Are you going to Rothenburg? If not, let me suggest this. From Baden-Baden, take the train up the Murg river to Freudenstadt (www.freudenstadt.de). The Murg is kind of scenic and Freudenstadt is a nice German town, out of the tourist flow. From there, you can take the train to Stuttgart via Ettingen im Gäu. From Stuttgart go to Nördlingen via Aalen. Nördlingen is similar to Rothenburg, but a lot less touristy. Stay in Nördlingen; you can take the bus to Dinkelbühl for a day, or the train to Harburg. Unfortunately, there are no lockers at the station in Harburg or public transportation into town (1 km), but the castle (½ km up a steep hill) is interesting. From Nördlingen you can take the train via Donauwörth and Augsburg, and then to Füssen.

Posted by
15 posts

Thanks for the advice! I will have to consider that :)

As for the bus schedules... I tried to reserve three beds at the hostel... they only let you book two at a time, so I booked for me and my mom. And now there's no bed for my dad available!!! So, alas, I may need your help figuring out a different transportation plan depending on where we have to stay :( sigh. The miseries of hesitating to make things final...