International Drivers Permit

I live in Mexico and hold a Mexican Drivers license, and a Residente Permanente card - I am a US citizen and have a US passport. How do I obtain an International Drivers Permit? Each Country (US and Mexico) ask for a valid Drivers License and Passport to issue and IDP????

Posted by Steve
Gaston, Oregon, USA
905 posts

Debi, you have posted this question in tow places. Best to do just one. You have replies in your other post.

Posted by Debi
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
5 posts

Thank you Steve - as the question crosses over to both locations I thought it best to cross post.
I will monitor both for responses Debi in Merida