Please sign in to post.

Ideal time to book flight to Copenhagen for August 2008 trip?

Departing from Minneapolis for an early August trip. What would be a "best price" scenario?

Posted by
505 posts

August is likely to be one of the most expensive times, so you need to book early and you aren't likely to find any sales as such.

I think I'd start checking 6 months before, and buy tickets no more than 3-4 months in advance. I'd avoid connecting in the UK as airport taxes there are expensive (and Heathrow's a mess) - best bet is probably to connect in a NY aiport or in Amsterdam, unless you can fly direct.

Kate

Posted by
1717 posts

I guess the prices for airline flights to Copenhagen will not be lower than the prices are now. The prices for flying in 2008 are higher than the prices were for flying in 2007. (I flew to Copenhagen in May of 2007).

Posted by
505 posts

A correction... my post should read 'no LATER than 3-4 months in advance.

The previous poster is correct - tickets aren't likely to get any cheaper, both because the dollar continues to lose value and because fuel isn't going to get any cheaper, bar a major miracle.

Kate

Posted by
12 posts

Copenhagen can be an expensive place to fly into anytime during the year. I would think anything below $1200 r/t would be a decent price for this route in August. Try Icelandair with a connection in Reykjavik (which is a very easy airport for connections), their fares are usually pretty good. Your other options are NWA via Amsterdam, Continental via Newark, or United/SAS via Chicago

Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit in the summer. Make sure you take a walk through one of the city’s many parks (Frederiksberg Have is my favorite), and you have to go to 7-11, buy a 6 pack of Carlsburg, and sit on the edge of Nyhavn for a few hours and drink a couple beers with the Danes.