Please sign in to post.

Icelandair

Has anyone flown between US and Europe?
How was it?

Posted by
8700 posts

I've done it and would happily do it again.

Posted by
728 posts

Really liked it! Would definitely fly them again. Great selection of movies/tv shows to watch (bring your own headphones unless you want to pay to use theirs). Food isn't complimentary, but that was no problem for us - we always bring our own anyway.

Posted by
7010 posts

Flew to France on Icelandair, had no problems and would fly with them again happily. Probably the friendliest attendants and crew I've ever flown with.

Posted by
8091 posts

What's nice is they'll allow you a stopover in Iceland for 4 days both coming and going. It's a unique place to travel.

Posted by
90 posts

Agree with all that Icelandair is great. Have flown from SEA to KEF to Glasgow and return. If you get to spend a weekend in Reykjavik you will be amazed at the activities. Also suggest you check if anything is taking place at their beautiful performing arts center.

Posted by
873 posts

Yep, we flew Icelandair for our trip back in 2010, and we are flying with them again next week. We chose Icelandair the first time solely because they were the cheapest option, but obviously, we enjoyed the experience enough to become repeat customers. It was no less comfortable than any domestic flight I've been on, and the personal TV screens for each seat were nice. I've seen people complaining about having to make a layover in Reykjavik, or having to pay for stuff like on-board food or headphones...but none of those things matter to me. If they don't matter to you, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posted by
129 posts

The best part of flying Icelandair is Keflavik airport. Modern, clean, and QUIET! No ridiculous PA announcements for people who can't watch the clock to get to their gate on time. You have your ticket, your gate number, your time, so you show up when you are supposed to. If you don't, they don't page you, they leave without you. It's so peaceful.

Posted by
26 posts

I'm relieved to see these responses. We're flying Icelandair next month and have been finding lots of negativity online! Some folks said they were stranded at KEF for days. I think a lot of the complaining has to do with lack of in flight amenities like a free meal, but I'll take the $400 we saved and pack my own food!

Posted by
7010 posts

Most likely if anyone was stranded in KEF for a few days it would have been weather related, not Icelandair. And I agree about paying for the food. Most airline food isn't worth eating anyway, I always bring my own so no big loss.

Posted by
78 posts

Icelandair is great...I have enjoyed using Keflavik as an entry point into Europe..nice and easy airport with all the conveniences. Icelandair treats Kids 12 and under (I think but check to be sure) very well...they receive a complimentary meal onboard and lots of attention.