Please sign in to post.

Iceland Air

Does anyone have experience or opinions about Iceland Air? Am considering travel to London or Paris. Thanks!

Posted by
4637 posts

Iceland Air does not fly directly. You have to change planes in Keflavik. And also it does not fly from every US city. By the way it flies from Seattle. It flies from Keflavik to certain destinations in Europe. You can check on their website if London and Paris are among them. I flew with them recently from Seattle to Munich. I don't have negative experience with them.

Posted by
7131 posts

I flew them last year from Denver to Paris and it was a very good experience. Of course it would have been better to fly direct but that cost was beyond my budget. Of all the flights with only 1 stop Iceland was cheaper by $200. The time for the plane change at Keflavik was short but more than adequate. I was impressed with the efficiency and the friendly service of the crew - would definitely fly with them again.

Posted by
474 posts

Pam My daughter and I flew Iceland last year to London and returned from Paris. No complaints about the flights. Do know, that they do not serve meals so you need to either bring your own food or purchase a meal from them. Personal entertainment screens on all seats. It was about 6 1/2 hours from Seattle to Reykjavik. We had a long layover on the way back and took the bus into Reykjavik for awhile. My only disappointment is that you can no longer get Alaska Air miles on their flights.

Posted by
7053 posts

It's great. Especially if you stop over in Iceland for free.

Posted by
15 posts

We flew Seattle to Amsterdam on Iceland Air about 1.5 years ago; the two worst parts were the three seats in a row and having to go through a luggage check at Keflavik on the way to Amsterdam (we were very sleepy and stood around for what seemed forever!). The flight staff were pleasant (not necessarily the airport staff), but the airport was fairly primitive - not to the extent of sheep standing on a dirt floor (we sat in a tunnel or area that felt like a Quonset hut - limited food options). Just an opinion, some people may revel in that - it's all part of traveling. I'm disappointed that Alaska Airlines no longer accepts Iceland Air for mileage. However it was exciting to see the barren landscape and feel the winds lifting the walkway to the plane; I had heard about that from my mom and sister but couldn't really visualize it without experiencing it.

Posted by
249 posts

Pam - Here's another yes for Iceland Air. We flew from Denver to Paris last month and would definitely use them again. Very friendly, right on time and a very easy change of planes in Iceland. Got off one plane and walked to the new gate, boarded with no waiting around. Take your own food or buy theirs. Our tickets were $400 cheaper than any other airline at the time we bought them.

Posted by
8308 posts

I've heard nothing but nice things about them, other than the food issue. And see if you can stopover coming or going for a couple of days in this very unique destination. They allow free layovers.

Posted by
4181 posts

I'm not sure where PT was, but the airport does have at least one long corridor that goes to the gates. However, there's a huge open and very modern terminal area with lots of food and duty free options. We flew to Frankfurt via Iceland Air and spent 2 nights there on the way on the free layover option. It was not enough time. Sometime we'd like to go just to Iceland. I find it fascinating even though my husband is the one with Icelandic heritage, not me.