Please sign in to post.

help with finding the cheapest train from lucerne to paris on july 22 2012

greetings! we are a girl scout troop traveling from lucerne to paris on july 22, 2012. the adverts we see suggest that we can go one way from lucerne to paris for about $80 - however, when we check the sbb or the tgv or raileurope, the price is almost $200 p/p. we are a group with 2 adults and 4 teens 16-17 yrs old. thanks in advance for all insider tips and suggestions...maybe it would be cheaper to fly?

Posted by
17249 posts

Hi Chris---on SBB I see several trrains that day that have a "Special Offer" price of 123 CHF for the adults. Standard price for the kids is 108 CHF. That's not great but better than $200. Take a look at the 10:54 train. There is a maximum of 5 on one ticket, so you'll have to book as two tickets. I suggest you book it in 3's, with 1 adult and two girls on each ticket. The ones who are 16 have to travel with a parent or grandparent so hopefully that works out. The price is the same for 16 and 17, and they don't check ID's so it might be simpler just to book them all in the 17 to 25 category. And maybe someone can find you a better deal on TGV-europe.

Posted by
17249 posts

OK, now I see your frustration---when you try to add passengers, even in the right age categories, it reverts to the full price (160 CHF) for everyone. I don't know what to say about that---seems like the website isn't working properly.

Posted by
16 posts

thanks lola.
i think what i will do is phone them directly tomorrow as this is what i ended up having to do to get the best price and schedule for our train tix from venice to adelboden...so i'm gonna cross my fingers and hope tomorrow is my lucky day.