Please sign in to post.

HELP!!!!

I booked my train tickets online with trenitalia today. They have charged my card the full amount but I never received a conformation or an email. I have been trying to contact them and the number just has me leave a message with some strange voicemail box and I have heard nothing back. I am so annoyed!!! Can anyone help me?

Posted by
156 posts

Hi, Jamie. Not sure if this will help, but who is your email provider? I normally use at&t, but when I was making plans for our trip, I noticed that emails from europe were not getting through to me (they weren't in my spam folder either) so I got a gmail address and everything was fine. Possibly this is happening to you? I haven't used trentitalia so I don't know their procedures. Also, I can't recall the users name, but there is someone who watches the tripadvisor forum who has extensive european rail knowledge and may be able to help or you could call RS's office as they certainly have a lot of knowledge in that area as well.
Good luck!

Posted by
6898 posts

You should have received an email with moments of your purchase. In this email, there should be an attachement with a 6-digit PNR code on the page. This is your ticket. Apparently, you did not receive this. Did you register with the site or did you take the option to purchase without registering? If you did the later and did not register, this could be part of the issue. We've seen several posts where travelers who don't register are having problems. Did you record your email address during the purchase process? I bet they will let you purchase without one. Two suggestions. 1) Did you save any part of the transaction so that you have some type of reference number? 2) If no to all of the above, call your credit card company and cancel the transaction. The sooner the better.

Posted by
18 posts

I did not make an account. I tried to but it kept saying "error." The website is really hard to use. I will call my bank and cancel. Do you know of any other sites that have similar prices? Maybe one that is based out of the US? I looked at eurorail but their prices are much higher.

Posted by
6898 posts

Jamie, we've gone throught this with other posters. Trenitalia is the only place where you can get the special economy fares. I registered a long time ago but I recall that Trenitalia will send you a temporary password. The temporary password is only good for a very short time and then its gone. Once you get the tempoarary password, go online and change the password. At least that's the way it used to work. Hundreds of travelers have gone through this and made it work. Maybe more recent travelers who have been able to register can comment.

Posted by
4412 posts

I wish you luck...and hope this can be of help. And hopefully at some point this can be helpful, too (fingers crossed).

Posted by
2170 posts

Hi Jamie
I'm having problems too. I tried for hours last Thursday to register and book a ticket. I even tried booking it without registering, and got an error message. On Friday I used Skype and booked the ticket via telephone. I did get a PNR, but when I check it on their website it says it is invalid. And my credit card has not yet been charged. So I don't know if I have tickets or not! I got the following email address from the Ron in Rome website: [email protected] I sent them an email Saturday, and still have heard nothing. But just in case that is a valid email address, you might try emailing them. I'd appreciate knowing if you do ever hear anything from them.