Please sign in to post.

Heathrow

I will be traveling in 2 weeks to Nairobi from Houston via Heathrow. I'm traveling on Continental to London then on Kenya Airways to Nairobi. Does anyone have any helpful hints to get thru Heathrow to the terminal for Kenya Airways. On the way over, I have 3 plus hours layover. But the way back only 1 hour 30 minutes. Is that enough time to change terminals and catch the flight?

Posted by
97 posts

Heathrow's website can give you an estimate of how long it should take if you know which terminals you'll be going through, and that you can find by going here: http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Heathrow%5EGeneral%5EFlight+information%5EWhich+terminal?/

So it looks like you'll be going through Terminal 4 both ways! If you go to the flight connections section of the website (linked by a purple button in the right hand corner of the terminal finder section), you can see that if you are flying in and out of Terminal 4, it should only take you one hour to get through the connection!

Posted by
410 posts

Personally I wouldn't risk it. The estimated transit times seem to be based on the assumption that flights arrive on time - which they frequently do not at Heathrow. Or they may arrive on time but then take ages to be allowed to the bay.

Within the same terminal, with the same carrier and without the need to collect luggage, I would probably risk it, but otherwise I would not.

Heathrow is also one of the strictest when it comes to boarding time - I was refused a flight once, at Xmas, being told I had missed it by one minute. I will never forget the smug look on the person's face. Or the horror of the next however many hours.

Posted by
40 posts

Thanks for all the helpful information.

I am glad I do not have to change terminals. I will have plently of time on the way over. Coming back might be tight, but I am on 1 ticket and Continental has another flight leaving a few hours later for Houston. So I think..... I hope.... I will be ok. Or just too tired from the trip to care.