Please sign in to post.

Great fare for June 2008 Travel, Seattle to London

I mentioned this on another discussion, but it may not get noticed. Northwest is starting direct service from Seattle to London, and is offering great fares for June, 2008---like $667 RT for travel on Mon. thru Thurs. Outbound flight must be between June 1 and June 30; return must be within 30 days of that (so you can return in July).

Posted by
2788 posts

I will never go thru London (Heathrow) again no matter how cheap the fare. Same goes for Chicago (O'Hare). I would rather fly into Copenhagen or Amsterdam and go from there even if I am headed to Ireland as I did this last year.

Posted by
16024 posts

I would rather fly into Copenhagen too, but I've never found it less than $1300 in the summer.

I posted this for the benefit of those looking for a bargain fare on a direct flight from Seattle to London.

If you are stopping in London (as opposed to transferring flights there), Heathrow is not so bad.

Posted by
7209 posts

I agree with Lola. Just get me to the continent as cheaply as you can. Then I'll figure out how to get to other places.

Posted by
842 posts

Hey Lola.........thanks! We have some friends that have a family re-union over there during that time frame, and this looks pretty good.

I have to agree with Tim.........get me over the pond as cheaply as possible, and let me use the cheap inter-EU airlines for the balance of my travels.

Posted by
16024 posts

You're welcome! We're not going ourselves this year, but I would have jumped on this deal for our trip last year.

Considering the other fares I've seen, it's well worth dealing with Heathrow to get this low fare. And maybe the new Terminal 5 will ease the problems there by summer?

Posted by
108 posts

This is such a screaming deal. We booked it. I've been checking fares for months. BA had a decent fare early this week too but nothing like this one on NW. Direct non-stop at night. Can't beat it for $700 inc. taxes. Yippeee.

Posted by
9363 posts

I've never had a problem at Heathrow, but even if I did I wouldn't punish myself by passing up a great fare because it flew into the "wrong" airport. O'Hare is my home airport for international trips and I haven't had problems there, either. I'm pretty sure that neither Heathrow nor O'Hare care much if someone never goes through there again -- and I guess one less person makes it nicer for the rest of us. :) I'll be looking for a good deal to London in October (headed to Spain), so if anyone hears anything, please post.

Posted by
359 posts

I have no problem flying into London either - but I'd look elsewhere if I were laying over there for another destination. When we went in March of '06, British Airways had a pretty good sale. We paid $813 for both of our fares (including all taxes/fees) from SEA-LHR. I don't think we'll see that fare any time soon, but maybe with all of the new routes I'll be surprised!

Posted by
11507 posts

Yeah I am not one to avoid an airport to save 500 hundred dollars,, LOL

I haven't really found Heathrow bad anyways ,, I mean for goodness sake it is in an english speaking country so I can read all the signs and talk to most staff, thats a huge advantage!

Posted by
29 posts

Thank you Lola!

You saved us $1400. We were going to fly into Frankfurt and out of Paris but with savings like this we can fly anywhere we want once on the continent. Those savings will more than make up for any hassles. How bad can it be in an English speaking country, as Pat said? We'll have only carry ons so don't have to worry about lost luggage. By the way, the fare is $696 rt june 27!

Posted by
29 posts

Booked it before I saw this post, but thanks anyway. Best summer fare I have found in two years. Now if I can only figure out how to extend for 6-8 weeks without big added fees. Any ideas? Tally ho.

Posted by
16024 posts

Well, I'm glad this has helped some of you.

Wish I were going too. . .