Please sign in to post.

Glasgow Airport

Planning a trip in about 10 days from now that goes Dublin-Glasgow- Reykjavik.

I have three hours at GLA to get my bag (I have to check it due to Stobart Air's strict carry on restrictions), go through security and make my flight.

Airlines are Aer Lingus (Stobart Air) and Iceland air.

I've never been to GLA airport. Is three hours enough time? My only other option is a six hour layover. Thanks.

Posted by
16096 posts

Thanks. I've flown in and out of Edinburgh a couple of times but not Glasgow.

Posted by
2182 posts

We flew in and out of Glasgow airport in 2002. I'm thinking it hasn't changed much since then. It's a smallish airport, more along the lines of airports in second tier American cities like Charlotte. It might take 20 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

Too bad you won't have time to visit Scotland.

Posted by
82 posts

The arrival areas at Glasgow are at either end of the check-in hall, so you'll have no trouble getting checked in for your onward flight (if you haven't already done so online). Then you go up escalators to the security check. This moves fast in my experience (no doubt a little different on major holidays). Then it's little more than a 5 minute walk from the departure lounge to any of the gates. You will almost certainly have time to relax.

Posted by
16096 posts

Thanks for the info.

I've already been to Scotland a couple of times and will be returning to Glasgow after Iceland.

Posted by
11294 posts

The flight from Dublin to Glasgow leaves from DUB gate 337. Some of the airport signage only goes up to 335. Just follow signs to 335, and soon you'll start seeing signs for 336 (Edinburgh flights) and 337 (Glasgow flights). You will feel like you've walked through the whole airport by the time you get to 337 - it's quite far from the other gates.

Be aware that in terms of food and drink this gate has only vending machines which only take euro coins, and that it is far from other services (10 minutes each way, according to signs at the gate). So, if you want something more substantial to eat or drink, or if you need to use bills or a credit card, do this elsewhere in the airport, before going to your gate.