I been wanting to visit Italy for a long time now and I finally booked my ticket for September! It will be my first time in Europe (I'm usually always in Asia) so I'm excited and scared at the same time. I wanted to know more about transportation as here is my plan.
- Fly into Milan (should arrive at 9am) and spend day there. (day 1)
- Next day, take train to Venice (day 2)
- Venice attractions (day3)
- Take train to Cinque Terre (day 4)
- Cinque Terre attractions (day 5)
- Take train to Florence (day 6)
- Florence attractions (day 7)
- Take train to Tuscany (day 8)
- Tuscany attractions (day 9)
- Take train to Rome (day 10)
- Spend a few days in Rome and fly home from Rome airport
---Is this too aggressive? If so, I plan to cut out Venice
---Getting from place to place. Where can I get all this information on what trains to take, where to get off, where to transfer, what time they run, how long it takes, etc? Better yet, does anyone know these nitty gritty details? Basically, I'll need to get from:
-----------> Milan to Venice (if i keep Venice in my itinerary)
-----------> Venice to Cinque Terre (if i keep Venice in my itinerary)
-----------> Milan to Cinque Terre (if i omit Venice)
-----------> Cinque Terre to Florence
-----------> Florence to Tuscany
-----------> Tuscany to Rome
---I've also read about the rail pass, but i'm still not sold as some say yes and others say no. looks like it might not be good on local city trains too.
I just ordered Rick Steves Italy 2015 and I hope that will help, but getting around really gives me anxiety so if anyone can help, please do! I'd really appreciate it!