Please sign in to post.
Posted by
69 posts

Strike has been extended - rail disruptions 6/11 and 6/12

Posted by
7209 posts

Thankfully I left Paris on the day the rail strike started. I was ecstatic to get out of there. Paris might have a lot of nice things to see but any city that leaves you with sigh of relief to have gotten out may be more trouble than its worth (in my book). I don't think you'll be seeing me in Paris again for a LOOOONG time!

Posted by
8 posts

The rail strike was still going on June 15, affecting SNCF and some RER lines. A local told us the only good way to reach Versailles was by bus since the RER C was only running one train every 50 mins. On the day, we had tickets (June 11th), the taxis joined in the strike and the lack of RER and taxi availability kept us from touring. In addition, the baggage handlers at CDG had a one day strike on the 15th. I don't know if they plan to do so again.
This rule for Paris still applies:prepare for random strikes at any time.

Posted by
4 posts

We have train tickets from St Lazare to Bayeaux Never been to France before and there are so many types of trains -RER. TSV SCNF. Not sure what type of train were on but dud buy tickets in advance from loco 2. How do we find out, in English if our train will be affected June 23? If it is are there other realistic options to get there? If we decide not to go are we still on hook for hotel booked in Bayeaux? Thanks

Posted by
33565 posts

@pike

follow the link given by George in the first answer at the top of the page.

Posted by
10043 posts

Pilespeak -- hopefully things will be okay for you tomorrow. The strike is still going on, but winding down. I would check infolignes about your train tomorrow and make sure it's still running. If not, go to the station and get them to change your ticket for one that is. I.e. you might not be able to take the exact train you had planned on (IF you bought in advance), but there should be plenty of trains running to get you there. Good luck!

Posted by
3 posts

Anyone have current info on trains from Paris to Caen and/or Bayeux? Going on Friday evening, 7-11, returning on Sunday the 13th. Getting very nervous and don't speak French.
First time in Europe.