Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt to Prague

Hi,

I want to take the CNL (night train) from frankfurt to prague. My question is will my Eurail pass cover that trip? I am reading I may need to buy a separate pass to get from the border to prague and from prague back out the country. Also, if I arrive in frankfurt and want to leave the following night, do you think making the reservation as soon as I get to frankfurt will be enough time to make sure I get a reservation. I'm going in the begining of september.

Posted by
3 posts

Okay, thank you. So if I pick the select pass for 5 bordering countries and the CZ is part of it I am okay? Just want to confirm.

Posted by
3 posts

So if I wanted to go from Frankfurt to Prague to Vienna then down into Italy, then to France and end back in Frankfurt...you are saying it would be cheaper to buy point to point tickets for each section of the trip in advance? Instead of the Select Saver Pass?

Posted by
19240 posts

Jeff, he said "usually". Using rail passes requires a lot of extra charges, such as premium train surcharges and accommodation supplement. These can often make rail passes more expensive than point-point tickets. For instance, on the German Rail website you can often find all-inclusive Savings fares for CNL trains that are not much more than the cost of the accommodation supplement, less, in total, than the supplement plus a day of your rail pass. But no one can say flatly that one will always be less expensive. You have to analyze it on a case by case basis.