Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt airport

Any advice on getting through the Frankfurt airport to our Milan connecting flight would be appreciated. A friend remembers it as not well marked and quite a hike.

Posted by
8938 posts

That all depends. What airline are you arriving on and what airline are you departing with? Will you be arriving on the first day of summer vacation for Hessen or the last day when the airport is packed, or just a regular Tuesday, etc. You could have gates next to each other, or in separate terminals. Tell us your airlines and we can be more specific as each airline has a dedicated terminal. Many people find the Frankfurt airport to be efficient and organized, though it is large. Signs are in English, they have maps online so you can see where you are going. Have a look at the Frankfurt airport arrivals board and you can see if your flight is often early and then how long it took between landing and luggage being given out. Most of the time, this is about 30 min.
http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airport/en.html#1

Posted by
32198 posts

Chris, I've always found FRA to be well organized and fairly easy to find connecting flights. Of course, as Jo mentioned it would help to have more information on which airline you're using and other details. I made a connecting flight there from arrival of one flight to departure of the next in an hour on occasion (they were both Star Alliance code share flights). Happy travels!

Posted by
19091 posts

I've never found Frankfurt to be a particularly difficult airport. Yes, it's big, as you could expect for one of the major hubs in Europe. It's not as much of a hike as Philly. Hopefully, you will be going in and out on Lufthansa, which uses Terminal 1 (although there are three concourses).

Posted by
15142 posts

It's well organized, with good signage and easy to navigate. But it might be a long walk (there are moving walkways fortunately) because it's not a small airport and its terminals are long. If your gates are at opposite ends, it's good to have comfortable shoes.

Posted by
23238 posts

Not sure what you are asking. We find Frankfurt to be big, well marked with typical German efficiency. Just read the signs.

Posted by
127 posts

I have never had any problem with Frankfurt, Munich, or Dusseldorf airport. I do wish that that airports outside of Germany functioned as well as the ones inside! best wishes