Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt airport

does anyone know about how long it takes to get from Frankfurt's E concourse terminal 2 to the regional train station in the basement of terminal 1? I see that the skyline tram runs every 2 -3 minutes and only takes a few minutes to make it's way back and forth. Also what is the name of the regional train station as I should search Bahn.de for train times?

Posted by
20256 posts

Frankfurt Flughafen Regionalbahnhof. The other station is Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof. Just enter Frankfurt Flughafen when you enter a schedule request at DB, and which station will be clearly referenced in the results.

Posted by
8962 posts

Walking from Terminal 2, gate E. to the Regional Train station, to tracks 1, 2, or 3, using the Sky Train monorail, takes me about 10 min. I know my way around though, so it might take you a bit longer. Just follow the signs.

Posted by
19117 posts

The Skyline runs from the top floor of Terminal 2 to the top floor of Terminal 1, so you must go up/down escalators or elevators to get to/from it. There are signs to guide you. You can take your luggage on a cart to the Skyline, but not on it. However, there will probably be carts at the other end, left by people going the other way. To be technically correct, the Regionalbahnhof is under the building across the access road from Terminal 1. There are stairs and escalators just inside the outer wall of the hall of the terminal (look for signs). You go down the stairs and through a mall under the road to the station.

Posted by
2779 posts

It's much more convenient to take the yellow shuttle bus from outside Terminal 2 (in the center, between D and E) and Terminal 1. The bus stops just at the top end of an escalator to the regional train station. Taking the Skyline rail you'll have to take many more escalators and do the long walk from 1B to the regional train station... The bus runs every 10 minutes and journey time is ca. 5 minutes.