Please sign in to post.

Flying "open-jaw"

Any tips on booking flights "open-jaw"? Last year we booked round-trip because we found good prices. This year we would like to avoid the hassel/train costs of returning to our arrival city/country. Will we need to book through an airline, or can we book on discount websites?

Posted by
9099 posts

It's real easy, when you use site like Expedia or the airline sites, you are given to choice of: roundtrip, one way, or multiple destinations. Choose multiple destinations, it's the same thing as open jaw.

Posted by
4 posts

Kayak is such a great website. I have used it before. I just ran a rough search and found some great flights. So easy. Thanks and Happy travels!

Posted by
1 posts

When booking open jaw - always book/purchase both flights at the same time. This will save money...even if it isn't a "ROUND TRIP". Use the multi-city option and check several sites to compare. Also - sometimes it is beneficial to call an airline or travel site directly as they know the tricks and can find a lower fare using connections that the site won't give you!

Try sites like: cheapoair.com and vayama!!!

Posted by
12172 posts

Check Kayak.com or Sidestep.com (I think they're essentially the same now). Choose multi-city at the top.

Posted by
1167 posts

Before buying from one of the booking sites be sure to check the airline's site. They sometimes have better fares and even if the fare is the same you might get better service by dealing directly with them in case of missed connections, cancellations, etc.

Posted by
842 posts

The last time we flew open jaw we found some fantatic prices, but because we used a booking site, we had horrible problesm getting seats, and confirming flights.

If at all possible, once you have found the flights on a booking site, make your actual purchases thru the airlines site.

You will never regret doing this, but you could regret purchasing thru the booking site!