Please sign in to post.

Flying into Brussels?

Can anyone comment on the idea of flying into Brussels and then making our way to Amsterdam via train? What should we expect to pay for that train ticket?
The original thought was to fly into AMS, make our way through Brussels, then over to Germany, and eventually Poland. But the Brussels tickets are coming in at $950, vs $1100 into AMS, both flying open jaw out of Berlin later. Thoughts?

Posted by
430 posts

According to RailEurope.com, taking 2-3 hours, direct or connecting in Rotterdam, full fare (depending on restrictions, etc...) is between $57 and $104.

If I fool the TGV-Europe site into thinking I'm English (so we can compare in Euros, which will be more constant) I'm finding fares of 37,80 Euros (which at current ~$1.40/E rates is about $53).

I'd be inclined to start the trip in Brussels, re-arranging your itinierary to take advantage of the $150 airfare difference.

Posted by
1078 posts

At TVG-Europe.com the prices range from 38 to 54 Euros one way, depending on if you want the high speed or local. The time difference is 1 hour faster for the high speed, and, after you arrive at the rail terminal from the airport, you can buy your ticket to AMS. Am not sure, but you might be able to buy the ticket at the airport like you can in AMS, however, be sure to get in the international line!