Please sign in to post.

Fly vs Train

What is cheapest? Fly or Train. Amsterdam to Pairs. Traveling June 2012. And when can I see schedules
and prices?

Posted by
9109 posts

Train, it's also the fastest way to travel between the two cities. The Thalys high-speed train takes 3 hours 20 minutes minutes with departures every hour. If you book well in advance (90 days allowed) you can get restricted fares for as little as 25 euros. Purchase tickets and check schedules at http://www.thalys.com, you'll be able to print your tickets out at home.

Posted by
23562 posts

My benchmark is a train ride of five to six hours. Anything longer than that and I will seriously consider flying. For schedules go to bahn.de. Most European train schedule are rarely posted more than six months ahead so just use the same day of week dates for something in Dec or Jan. Schedule change very little from one period to the next.

Posted by
32325 posts

Janet, On that particular route, definitely by train. Travel by high speed train will be faster and less of a hassle than going by air. While the schedules for June 2012 won't be posted yet, you should be able to get an approximate idea by checking current schedules for whichever day of the week you'll be travelling. Cheers!

Posted by
12040 posts

The schedule for Thalys probably won't change between now and June. Plan on one train departing per hour throughout the day.