Please sign in to post.

Flights To Europe

Hello! I will be traveling to Cambodia in August (from America). I would like to stop over in Europe on my way back to the States to visit a friend. My friend lives in Amsterdam. I have a very flexible schedule but a moderately tight budget. Departing Cambodia Aug 15. Need to depart from Europe for America no later than Sept 5. Question: What is the least expensive city to fly in to Europe? (I can certainly take a train to Amsterdam after I've landed) Also- I ultimately want to fly out of Madrid when I head back to the States. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

Posted by
33553 posts

As this is a travel board about Europe, and most contributors won't be arriving from Cambodia, my guess is that we would would have to do what you can do for yourself. As you appear to have Internet, in order to be here at this Europe helpline, my suggestion would be to use the internet to price flights to various major European cities that you would be happy to fly into from whatever airports service Cambodia on August 15th and see which (combined with everwhat local transport would be needed to get you to Amsterdam) is cheapest. Frankly, you can get that as easily as I can do it for you.

Posted by
2092 posts

Megan, a site I learned about from the Graffiti Wall is itasoftware.com. It's great for finding what airlines and flight connections (and prices) are available. It can't be used to purchase but it's helpful to know what's out there. You will even be able to use multiple destination and your tentative dates to figure out how to plan your trip.
Personally we always eventually purchase directly through the airline.

Posted by
23569 posts

In order to stop over you are going to have to do multi-leg (cities) flights and commit to certain days and times. That would be you most economical way unless you can find open tickets which is hard to do. Trying to find the least expensive city to fly into is fruitless. There are some small differences between some airports and sometimes a bigger difference if you happen to catch a promotion. However, any savings is eaten up by the transportation costs to get to the original city. So book the city you need to be at in the first place. You moderately tight budget is going to be severely tested by all of your long travel distances.