Please sign in to post.

flights to europe

hi folks! i am headed to europe mid february and going for a month. the cheapest airfare i have found is flying into madrid and it is $756. i didn't know if they got much cheaper than that or if i should just go for it. does anyone know how much it would run to try and get tickets closer to december? thanks so much! kim

Posted by
3250 posts

Who knows what will happen with airfares but, from what I've seen lately, $756 sounds like a good price to me!

Posted by
2876 posts

Once you decide the exact dates you want to travel, it's usually best to just go ahead and buy your tickets. Waiting & hoping for prices to drop usually doesn't work. If you wait, it's just as likely prices will go up.

Posted by
9110 posts

I'd snatch it in a heartbeat, but don't come gunning for me when it drops to $436 next week. The bigger question is if Madrid is on your itinerary or are you going to have to pay more to get somewhere you actually want to go? If that's the case you need to remeber that, besides the actual cost, movement back and forth to Madrid might eat up a couple days of your time and maybe more cash for extra days of hotels, meals, etc.

Posted by
247 posts

Air fare is a guessing game..example I booked a flight for $776, then seen it go up to over $1,000 the past few months, now it's $811. Sounds like you have a good price, but I would check Vayama.com too

Posted by
989 posts

Just a couple of hours ago I paid $1186 on Lufthansa for Boston-Nuremburg, then returning Munich-Boston (12/16-1/1). OUCH!!! It was $905 two months ago - but I had to play the Spin the Airfare game hoping for a lower fare. And I still have to book the flight to get me from Charlotte to Boston and back (SIGH).

Posted by
8 posts

thank you so much everyone! i did get the ticket! on to an adventure of a lifetime! what about any thoughts for going in february/march? i am going to spain, france, germany, austria and italy. thanks so much all!!!

Posted by
9363 posts

I know it's tempting to try to go many places on one trip, but you are only allowing six days (minus travel days between) for a whole country! You really need to cut down your list of destinations unless you only plan on visiting a city or two in each country. Even then, pay attention to the time it will take to travel between places - pack, travel, find your new hotel, unpack, etc. You won't have as much time as you think. Going to fewer places means having more time in each place, but also more time overall. You don't want to spend your whole month on a train or bus.