Please sign in to post.

Flight - seat selection

I have a flight booked from Miami to Rome Italy (return Naples-Rome-Miami). The flight was booked through delta (partner with ITA airways) but the flight is managed with ITA Airways. The reason for this post is on delta website you are given the option “Economy light” or “Economy Classic”. Does anyone have any clarification on what this provides? I chose Economy Classic and paid more for it so i would have a seat selection but since making my reservation, i am unable to select a seat. If this was part of the more expensive reservation option, and it its then allowed, what am i paying extra for? Anyone with experience with ITA / Delta, i would love your input.

Posted by
2267 posts

This is pretty niche, and it may be that Delta sold you a product (seat selection) that it can not make good on. (Wouldnt be this first time on these code shares.)

My best advice would be to call Delta and ask directly.

Posted by
7453 posts

You can search on this site, several people have had the same issue. I do know that somewhere you need to determine your ITA locater/booking code (not the same as Delta's) and likely contact them, probably by phone, to assign a seat. I have had similar issues with Air France and KLM, and had to contact them directly.

Posted by
11037 posts

ITA has 3 flavors of 'economy'; light, classic, flex.

Light & classic require a fee to select a seat. Light has no checked bag included.

Easiest way to see it on their site is to start a booking and then the choices are easy to see.