Please sign in to post.

flight from berlin to frankfurt

I'll be flying into Frankfurt this summer and then travelling around, ending up in Berlin. I'd like to find a cheap flight from Berlin to Frankfurt and know there must be some airlines other than the big names that fly this route. Can anyone offer some airlines for me to check out?
thanks!

Posted by
694 posts

Debbie, have you considered taking the train instead of flying?
Berlin city center to Frankfurt city center takes just over 4hrs and can be as cheap as 39euros if you buy your ticket 90 days in advance. Don't forget that by flying you will have to go through security and will have to be there at least an hour in advance. You will have to get to/from the airport by metro or taxi that will add to the cost also. If you want to check the schedule and price go to bahn.com

Posted by
14806 posts

Hi, The early train Berlin Hbf to Frankfurt Hbf. is a direct connection...very convenient. As for the discount airlines, try German Wings, Air Berlin, maybe Easy Jet.

Posted by
337 posts

I think Air Berlins flights for roughly 60 Euro are the cheapest on that route. Re: flight vs. train: I think if Deborah flies into FRA the same day she flies back to the US, and just spends a few hours in the airport between these flights, flying is both less stressful and quicker, and not that much more expensive. Oh, and while it's clear that this question is about Frankfurt am Main, it's generally a good idea to keep in mind that there are two German cities named Frankfurt...

Posted by
2779 posts

There are only 2 airlines on this route: Lufthansa and Air Berlin. In both cases it might be cheaper to get a round trip priced than a one-way. Air Berlin offer this route from €88 round trip, LH from €110. The cheapest way to get from Berlin to Frankfurt is by bus. It'll take about 7 hours. DB German Rail only needs 4 hours.

Posted by
14806 posts

Although I found it an interesting place to do a day trip there from Berlin, does anyone really go to Frankfurt an der Oder, above all tourists/visitors?

Posted by
11294 posts

Deborah: have you booked your international tickets yet? If not, look at an open jaw ticket, into Frankfurt and out of Berlin. To find this, use the "multi city" option on Kayak, Orbitz, etc. Don't book two separate one-ways; that's not the same thing, and is much more expensive. Fred: it's not that tourists want to go to Frankfurt an der Oder; it's that, if they want to go to Frankfurt am Main, we don't want them getting a train to the wrong place. Hence, the need to be sure that they're booking a ticket to the correct one (if they don't know that there are two places in Germany named "Frankfurt," it's easy to make a mistake). On a similar note, while it's not an issue for Deborah's particular route, it's very important for people to understand that Frankfurt Hahn Airport (code HHN) is QUITE far from Frankfurt am Main Airport (code FRA). If someone booked a flight into HHN thinking they could then just change terminals to get their flight out of FRA, they would be in big trouble.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all for your replies. Appreciate the extra info. I was able to find what I needed (and at a "relatively" low price) on a multicity ticket through Hipmunk.