Please sign in to post.

Flight delay. Any hint to find a serious EU 261 claim agency? Thanks a lot!!

Hello all! :) Thank you in advance for your help! (sorry in advance for long explanation..!)

I had a more than 3 hours delay flight with Ryanair in 2019 German (HHN) to Italy (CIA). The reason was not clear. (Someone said "strike of airport assistance personnel".
I therefore my claim request to Ryanair directly 2019 with a negative reply, the reply was very short, with no further explanations. Tried again with them referring to my EU rights, but got no answer from them other than " delay in handling requests since to high volume of inquiries due to Covid 19.."- no answer other than this from Ryanair emailing them for over 1 year.
Then I gave the case and all documentation to the agency Aircover.eu- they initially took charge of my claim, but later they did not reply anymore to my requests for updates (2021). I think their company closed down...
Any agency other you can recommend or any idea?is it worth giving it another try? Thanks indeed! Nika

Posted by
6384 posts

Ryanair is notable for denying such claims. But if the reason was a strike at another company it might be considered an extraordinary circumstance.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for your reply! This meaning that they might be exempted to pay? I wonder, how can one verify the official version of the cause of delay?

Posted by
9570 posts

Three years after the fact ? There's probably not much of a way

Posted by
15809 posts

That's what I'm thinking too, Kim. If the delay didn't result in a missed connection, missed tour/cruise, uncompensated overnight stay or other significant headache/cost, I don't know as it's worth pursuing at this point? The 2020/21 country shutdowns and massive amount of cancelled flights was a bigger nightmare.

Posted by
9570 posts

Especially for a RyanAir flight, which can't have cost that much to begin with. I know it's aggravating, because these companies rely on people giving up when they should be compensated -- but honestly in this case I don't know whether it's worth the time and energy to keep pursuing.

Posted by
4 posts

thank you, Kim and Karthy for your reply. It's helpful to have your opinion. I had to pay an expensive taxi bill to get home, since I arrived after 2AM and there was no public transport that hour. But you have a point, too much time passed.
Next time I know, that one has to prepared that this can happen and has to calculate beforehand service lacks especially with certain airlines. thanks for replying.

Posted by
15809 posts

I'm sure the inconvenience and extra cost were unwelcome surprises!
That said, you sound like a reasonable individual with MUCH better things to occupy your time and energy than run after Ryanair, eh?
Sincerely wishing you better luck next time! :O)

Posted by
131 posts

You don't necessarily need to be represented by a firm.

Have you brought it before the civil aviation authority of either countries? Is any binding alternative dispute resolution available? For example, a couple of airlines in UK have participated in alternative dispute resolution.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks joe32F for the link, I will check it out. Thanks Jeff: no, did not bring it to the authorities yet, but it's a good idea.
I think I might leave it as it is this time, since the time effort seems to exceed any possible gains/compensation.
But will definitely keep your suggestions in mind, in case it happens again and act quicklier. Thanks! Cheers!