Please sign in to post.

ferry on lake como

Is there a day pass for ferry travel on lake como? If so so does anyone know approx how much it costs. I couldn't find it on their website.

Posted by
89 posts

When I was on the Best of Italy tour in 2005 our guide gave us a pass to use for the day we were at the lake, so there must be something. Unless things have changed over the years. Anyone have a current Italy book, mine is way outdated, might say in there.

Posted by
19 posts

We were there last May and I did not see a way to purchase an all day pass, but we could have missed it. I will mention that we ran into trouble where we bought a ticket from one town to another and there was a stop at an inbetween town. We got off and wanted to get back on to complete the journey after visiting the inbetween stop. That is NOT allowed, you must purchase tickets from a to b and then b to c if you want to stop at b along the way from a to c. Just a tidbit, they eventually let us on as we had children with us, but if they hadn't we'd of been stuck waiting around for the next boat, after buying another ticket. Good luck, it was one of the highlights of our trip, you'll love it.

Posted by
85 posts

The current Italy book mentions an 11 Euro one-day "mid-lake pass." Rick is certainly right about the timetable being confusing. The ferry website is likewise.