Please sign in to post.

Eurostar to Paris

I am traveling with my wife in April from London to Paris and back on the Eurostar. I have reserved seats in the Standard Car which have a table. My question is whether or not these seats are less roomy or less comfortable then the seats without a table.

Posted by
11507 posts

Seats are all comfy enough for short trip. You will likely enjoy the trip.

Posted by
4555 posts

Yes and no. The table seating means you'll be directly facing the passengers opposite you. So a couple of tall people can end up clashing knees under the table. You won't be able to stretch out full-length if a stranger is sitting opposite you...you can solve that problem by changing your booking (if you can) to seat your wife opposite you, or by asking nicely if they'd mind switching seats. It's a little less "private" than the regular seating arrangement but, on the other hand, it's a great way to meet new people!

Posted by
5794 posts

I concur with Norm. When you have a regular seat, you can stretch your feet under the seat in front of you. With a table, both you and the person in front of you share the foot space under the table. This will likely work better if you are seated opposite your wife since you probably will feel more comfortable bumping each others legs than you will playing footsie with a stranger :)

It is only a little over two hours. A table is nice if you are traveling with someone and chatting.

Posted by
5 posts

I prefer the table seats if I'm traveling with someone else. I get the seats across from each other so that we can both stretch our legs under the table without worrying about it.

The non-table seats have so little space in front of them that I get claustrophobic.

Posted by
11507 posts

Sarah,, ever flown coach internationally,, LOl, now that is a claustrophobic nightmare.

Posted by
5794 posts

Agree with Pat. The non-table seats don't even compare with the airline coach. You can actually sit without having he seat in front of you crammed into your knees :)

Posted by
72 posts

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think I am going to opt for the table and sit across from my wife. (assuming I can convince her to ride backwards)

Posted by
11507 posts

Your wife may have last laugh,, if you booked same seats there and back you will both have a turn sitting backwards.