Please sign in to post.

Eurostar seating questions?

I just booked two seats on the Eurostar from London and heading to Brussels. I chose carriage 14 in standard class because they have the power outlets. My question is I want to make sure that my mother and I are facing the correct way forwards which would be Brussels and not towards London. We are in seats 71 and 72 on carriage 14.

Also, when the Eurostar arrives in Brussels Midi, is it better to be in carriages 14-18 or in the front carriages 1-5 to be able to reach our other train connection faster which would be Amsterdam via the Thalys train.

Thanks!

Posted by
32517 posts

The front of the train will closer to the main escalators in Brussels but there is a special Thalys escalator further back.

How long do you have for your connection? Is it all on one ticket?

You and your mother will be "back to the engine", in other words facing backwards.

The Man in Seat 61 has a good copy of the seating plan at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30006269/trainseatplans/Eurostarseatplan_UK.pdf

The Eurostar website has a bit vaguer of a chart, but with much more detailed information about the actual seatage at
http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-information/your-trip/eurostar-seating-plan

You will be going quite quickly so not focussing on nearby objects, and the tunnel is a non-event, so you may not mind going backwards...

Have a good trip...

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks for replying. I am confused because I tried to pick seats where we are going forwards, not backwards. So should I put us in a carriage towards the front and what seats are forward facing? We arrive in Brussels midi at 16:02 and our Thalys train departs at 16:52.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted by
32517 posts

If you look at the link I sent you from Seat 61 go to the carriage you want (14) and find the arrow showing towards Paris/Brussels, note the seat numbers, note that your two seats have the wider yellow bit (the back of the seat) on the Brussels end and you will understand (I hope).

With a 50 minute connection to go down one flight of escalator walk a couple of dozen feet, and one escalator up, you could do that connection 5 times slowly, and still have time for a coffee and a chocolate.