Please sign in to post.

Eurostar reservations

Has anyone ever had trouble getting a seat on the Eurostar? How long in advance should I make a reservation?

Posted by
13934 posts

The reason I make Eurostar reservations as soon as I know my date is that it is less expensive the earlier you do it. They may sell out if you are in a holiday time. It looks like from the website there are a few dates in March where they are limiting the number of travelers in Brussels.

They also seem to have just changed how far out you can book. I think it used to be 6 months but I saw someone else mention they are now doing 330 days. Today I can book for Feb 3 2024.

Be sure to book directly with Eurostar at www.eurostar.com Or book on the app.

Posted by
9567 posts

Exactly what Pam said. It's not so much the concern of not finding a seat as it is having to pay out the nose for a ticket -- they get more and more expensive as time goes on. Buying close to departure, you will pay a small (or large) fortune.

Posted by
4402 posts

Also per a recent slew of articles, the trains can't be filled anymore so there are fewer seats to begin with. Brexit.

Posted by
4044 posts

It's my understanding that staffing problems, both rail and border personnel, have forced capacity reductions. Whatever the blame, the result is the same -- fewer seats.