Please sign in to post.

EuroStar refund ?

Hi - I checked search engine and didn't see this topic -- and think I know the answer. We've cancelled our summer trip and think I've got non-refundable tickets for mid-June. I see on-line I can change the reservation (max six months out, for a fee) but was hoping anyone has an idea/thought or is this just (another) sunk cost?

Did I have the option to buy refundable tickets -- can't remember? Appreciate any thoughts, tx.

Posted by
11033 posts

Did I have the option to buy refundable tickets -- can't remember? Appreciate any thoughts, tx.

Yes, at about triple the cost.

I too have tickets for mid June and am waiting to see if anything will be salvageable, so will follow this with interest

Posted by
277 posts

I've got the same question for RailEurope passes in England. If the airlines are giving vouchers, shouldn't the railroads do that, too?

Posted by
16893 posts

Eurostar is only offering vouchers for future travel. Some customers have complained, but no new policy has yet been announced. The only category of Eurostar ticket that allows cancellation and refund is in Business Premier class, which costs $367 one way, per person.

Thomas: BritRail passes are offering full exchange or cancellation of unused passes through the original agent. If the pass was partly used, you’ll need a lot more paperwork and luck. You can start at https://www.raileurope.com/spip.php?page=refund but don’t get discouraged if the automated lookup says “not eligible.” In that case, send them an email to start the request manually, and allow a few weeks, since they’re handling dated tickets first.

Posted by
175 posts

Thanks all. I didn’t see anywhere to request a voucher on the EuroStar site, will relook but appreciate if anyone has it and can post here.

Posted by
175 posts

Joe - many thanks I clicked through link which was very easy and convenient.

Posted by
11033 posts

Joe -- Thanks for the link.

The evoucher, any idea what the expiration or 'use by ' date is?

Posted by
15 posts

From the Eurostar website

"We will offer you an eVoucher equivalent to the full value of your current Eurostar train or Eurostar package (train + hotel) booking. Your eVoucher will be valid for 12 months from date of issue to travel to any Eurostar destination (subject to availability).Please note that you do not have to travel before the expiry date on your voucher, you simply need to book your new journey before your voucher expires. You can make a booking up to six months in advance on most of our routes meaning you can travel up until late 2021."

Posted by
11033 posts

Joe-- thank you--- I knew I had asked the right person

I will wait until closer to my 'scheduled' travel date to submit the evoucher request, to maximize its life span, and hopefully be able to use it next year.