Please sign in to post.

eurostar Paris to London

Where is the best site to purchase my ticket? Will they mail or email the ticket to me in the USA? I would like to travel June 5th 2013. Do I need more then a passport to travel in France and England? Pattie

Posted by
11507 posts

Passport is fine if you are American or Canadian, don't know about other nationalities so won't comment on them. Buy your Eurostar ticket on the Eurostar website, when it asks your country say Antartica or you will be shifted over to the RailEurope site that often does not list all the trains and sometimes is not the best prices. I did pick up at the station ( have done it 4 times) I don't like carrying extra tickets and stuff around, just had a confirmation with me( which if I lost I could just reprint a new one). Purchase sooner rather then later as prices go up not down.

Posted by
9110 posts

Neither Antartica nor Antarctica are countries. :)

Posted by
14806 posts

Hi, Use a US credit card to buy the EuroStar ticket on-line, as suggested, the earlier the better as regards to the price. Bring that credit card with you on the trip. You need to present that credit card along with the passport to the station ticket counter to pick up your ticket. This is the way I do it...no problems and easy. If for some reason the credit card used to purchase the EuroStar is cancelled by your bank, bring it anyway along with the new replacemnet card. I've had this happen too. The British staff at the St Pancras EuroStar station are very helpful. When you buy online, you get a print out with the Confirmation #. You'll need that too. If you're US or Canadian, all you need is the passport. The Germans only their Personalausweis for France, don't know about going to the UK, the French their identity card.

Posted by
2081 posts

hi, iirc, you can do an E ticket or p/u your ticket at the ticket kiosk. or you can have it sent. but i wouldnt. i just love the options. ....have it your way..... from what ive been seeing on here, i woudlnt buy it from the US raileurope site. look at prices on the raileurope.co.uk? site and see. btw, you will love that train ride right into Paris. It puts our train system to shame..... happy trails.

Posted by
5799 posts

Actually, the Eurostar.com won't redirect you to RailEurope. You can buy your ticket from their website now and you should buy it ASAP to get the lowest price.

Posted by
9109 posts

"...say Antartica or you will be shifted over to the RailEurope site that often does not list all the trains and sometimes is not the best prices...." The Chunnel train site doesn't redirect to Rail Europe. By telling the site you live in the US it simply quotes fares in USD.

Posted by
11507 posts

What is a chunnel train.. oh, you meant the Eurostar?

Posted by
1175 posts

We always get the printout sent by email to our home computer. That will serve as your ticket that is scanned to get on the train. We always print off two copies and each of us carry both copies of the printout, just in case. Tickets go on sale 120 days prior to travel so you might not get the cheap seats. You can buy a carnet (packet of 10) tickets for the Paris metro at the departure lounge at St. Pancras or also on the train in the snack car. Saves standing in line in Paris. You can also your seats and it's a LONG train. To beat the crowds to the taxi rank in Paris, we the 2nd class car closest to the engine which means you will have a long slog to your carriage. There is an engine on both ends so determine the line of departure and choose accordingly. Upon arrival you will have a short jaunt to the taxi rank, on your right as you disembark and walk into Gare du Nord. We always take a taxi (around 20 Euros to just about anywhere in central Paris) to our hotel even though we know the metro. The ride across central Paris with the famous monuments in full view is always stunning.