Please sign in to post.

Eurostar

I’m taking the Eurostar from Paris to London in early April. How soon do I need to arrive at the station in Paris before the train is scheduled to leave? I assume there will be passport control to go through in Paris?
Thank you, Jerre

Posted by
6887 posts

90-120 minutes ahead is the current recommendation at Gare du Nord. Tough, I know. It is because of reinforced passport controls due to Brexit... before then, EU travellers were basically waved through after a quick glance at our ID cards.

Posted by
138 posts

We traveled last year from Brussels to London via the Eurostar as well, and the time estimate above based on our experience was accurate.

Posted by
4388 posts

google up some recent news articles, this is discussed a lot

Posted by
13925 posts

And just so you’re ready for it, you’ll go thru France/Schengen Zone exit passport control and UK entrance passport control before you go to the waiting area. You’ll go through security as well but there are no liquid restrictions. If you are planning on having lunch or a snack on the train there were better food places on the main level of the station before you go upstairs to get processed so it’s good to get something beforehand.

I’ve not been thru since before both Brexit and the pandemic so I’m wondering if you still have to fill out a physical card for the UK border control(and thus need to have a pen or pencil)?

Are there e-gates here?

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks so much for the information. It helps me plan knowing what to expect.
Jerre