Please sign in to post.

Eurostar

Hi, how can I get to Paris from Brussells? The Eurostar tells me this is an invalid search.

Posted by
23572 posts

Because the Eurostar only goes to London to Paris, or London to Brussels. Does not got between Paris and Brussels. Use the French train system or Thalys.

Posted by
9109 posts

The chunnel train doesn't do that route. Instead you need to take the Thalys high-speed train. It uses airline style pricing so the sooner you book the cheaper it will be (90 days allowed): http://www.thalys.com

Posted by
19 posts

Thank you for your help. I will be in Bruges, so shouldI plan on taking a train to Brussels or is there an easier way out of Bruges? It is confusing as I understand there are two trains stations not far from Bruges with two different names but only 400 yards apart. Which way would be easier, Brussells or Bruges?

Posted by
23572 posts

You would go to Brussels and change train to Paris. I am not aware of the two train stations you are asking about. You can go to dbahn.de for easy to use schedule which will show you options. You can not buy tickets there unless the train starts or ends in Germany but it is easy site to use for all European train schedules.

Posted by
9109 posts

Thalys has one direct train from Paris to Bruges in the evening. During other times of the day you will have to take the Thalys to Brussels, and then switch to a regular inter-city train to Bruges. For the IC train to Bruges you don't have to make any kind of advance purchase/reservation. Simpy purchase these ticket at the station when you arrive in Brussels.

Posted by
415 posts

Hi - I'm going the other way in June- high speed train from Paris (Thalys as mentioned) and then a transfer to an IC train from Brussels to Brugges. The train station in Brussels is Brussels Midi. That's where you transfer if you are coming from Brugges. This site should allow you to try out your options and it's in English http://www.b-europe.com/ I bought my tickets online - I'm going to pick them up once I arrive but I think this site has a Print at home option.