Please sign in to post.

Eurostar

I am planning to take the Eurostar from London to Brussels in early July. I will have a railpass, but does the railpass have to be validated prior to the Eurostar trip to get the discount? I wasn't planning on validating it until the Brussels-to-Amsterdam leg of my journey.

Also, how far in advance should I book the Eurostar leg?

Thanks

Posted by
225 posts

My understanding (from Rail Europe) is that yes, for you to get the discount Eurostar ticket price, the railpass must be valid at the time of your Eurostar travel. You might want to trade emails with Eurostar to confirm that.

Posted by
7 posts

I would look into booking the Eurostar right away. We booked London to Brussels for mid July last Dec. We got a really good price. We don't have a Railpass so I"m not sure about that, but the Eurostar website is good. We booked online with no problems. I believe you can purchase 9 months in advance from North America, 6 months in advance in Europe and the best priced tkts (non refundable, no exchange) sell quickly.
Good luck.

Posted by
225 posts

The prices are rising. I purchased tickets for late June about 3 weeks ago and the prices have already gone up a small amount since then.