Please sign in to post.

Europcar rental in France

A bit of advice when using Europcar, at least out of Charles De Gaulle outside Paris. Scrutinize your bill (agreement) carefully. First off, the reserved price, such as with autoeurope, might not be honored. Additional costs will likely show up. More importantly, there is a section above this part of the bill where additional, untotaled costs may reside. There is no "total" cost on the bill, so it is easy to miss these add-ons. Finally, before leaving, make sure, even if you have repeatedly said "no upgrade", that no upgrade has been slipped in.

Other than that, we had a great 3 months touring about.

Posted by
15582 posts

That is a drawback of using Autoeurope instead of renting from a company. It doesn't include add-ons that may be mandatory and it may not even tell you that they exist. My experience with Europcar has always been positive. I read their conditions before I book, so I don't have surprises, like drop-off charges. You just never know what to expect. I picked up a car in Chamonix - when I read the fine print, it was clear there's a significant fee for cars at high altitude. When I then compared the price direct and through Autoeurope, the Europcar quote was a lot lower, mostly because Autoeurope made no mention of the mandatory add-on.