Please sign in to post.

Eurail Pass

HI, I plan on going from Germany to Switzerland to Italy and I purcahsed a 3 country Eurail Pass. I was wondering if I can use this pass to go on wilhem tell scenic train in switzerland or do i need to buy a separate swiss pass for that?

Posted by
8700 posts

If your three-country pass includes Switzerland, then it will be good on the William Tell Express.

Here is a quote from the railpass section of ricksteves.com:

All passes that include Switzerland cover national network trains, boat trips on Swiss lakes, and many sightseeing and private rail discounts. A map of this network comes with your pass. All passes cover these and other scenic rides:

Geneva to Brig.
Interlaken to Luzern (Lucerne).
Named scenic routes: Golden Pass (Montreux to Spiez), Bernina Express (Chur, Switzerland to Tirano, Italy), William Tell Express (Luzern to Lugano with lake boat), Voralpen Express (Luzern to Romanshorn), Chocolate Train (excursion from Montreux). Reservations extra.
50% discounts include Mt. Stanserhorn lifts and Mt. Rigi Railways.

Posted by
14 posts

Your pass will come with a booklet that has information on the special trains, discounts for some ferries, etc.

Posted by
12 posts

I'm pretty sure you can use the 3-country pass ok but you will have to pay a bit extra. In Rick Steve's article 'Switzerland's Scenic Rail Journeys' he says the William Tell will costs an extra 38SF.