Please sign in to post.

Eurail - no Reservations Question

We just got a Eurail pass and want to travel from Amsterdam to Paris on the morning of June 26th; however, there do not appear to be any reservations available. This is our 1st time booking Eurail Reservations. Should we assume that there will be no reservations for that date, or does availability fluctuate for some reason. Is there some other site or method I should be using to make Reservations? Or should I eat the 15% cancellation fee and book point-to-point (which was more pricey that the Pass when I did a comparison, but not prohibitively so). Thanks for the help.

Posted by
1025 posts

The reason most members of this Forum don't use Eurail Pass is because of "gotchas" like mandatory (and often limited) reservations and generally higher prices over individual tickets. Review seat61.com for details on Eurail Pass strategies.

Posted by
4389 posts

I think Mr. 61 said Thayls has been sold or merged with Eurostar, or something like that

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the help...we followed the advice and have a regional train plan to get us to Brussels and have made seat reservations to Paris....