Please sign in to post.

EasyJet Hands Free

The eJ Hands Free Upgrade sounds like a great option. However, we are arriving in London on Norwegian Air (and on to Milan on eJ). Is there any way of taking advantage of the Hands Free without, I presume, exiting the airport and reentering. i.e., is it available at a kiosk/counter etc. within the secure area. We will only have a carry on and small pack each and so have no reason to exit otherwise. Other option is to just pay for the small bags as checked as opposed to checking the heavier carry on or buy the extra leg room. Still need to check if there's anyway we can squeeze the smaller bags into the larger carry on.
Finally, can't find a price for the options other than a broad range (depending on route, etc.) Do we need to check-in to get the price?

Thanks,
Marty

Posted by
2640 posts

I think you will need to go to the EasyJet bag drop to do the Hands free, I have done Hands free about 10 times now with Easyjet including just over a week ago. Hands free with easy jey is usually £5 or 6 euros or the equivelent in local currency. I have been able to pay by card in the uk but in Prague and in Dubrovnik I have had to pay at a separate counter and then return to the bag dropp (just going to the sid eof the line) and drop my bags.

Posted by
4 posts

I assume the bag drop is outside the security area? We really don't want to go through the whole security screening especially if the lines are long.

Posted by
11225 posts

On a separate but related issue, how much time is there between your flights?

Do you have to change terminals?

Posted by
8889 posts
  • You don't say which airport this is. I hope both flights are the same airport, travelling between airports is not a good idea.
  • It can't be Heathrow, as EasyJet doesn't fly there (too expensive). But it does fly from Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Southend.
  • All prices are shown as options when you buy tickets. I do not think you can add "Hands Free" at the desk. Everything is normally bought and paid for on the internet. Adding bags to the ticket at the airport is possible, but costs a lot more.
  • I doubt you can stay airside. EasyJet does not offer connecting flights. You will have to enter the UK (immigration) then go to the EasyJet check-in area to deposit your backs, then back to airside (security). Make sure you allow enough time, including contingency in case your first flight is late.
  • You can "check in" and print out your boarding cards up to 30 days in advance. So you can do this before you leave home

Edit: Just noticed your "2½ hrs and same terminal". I do not think that is enough time. Up to 1 hour to disembark, walk through terminal and immigration, on a good day. Plus intercontinental flight times are +/- 1 hour. Plus bag drop off, security, and more walking. Plus EasyJet says you must be at the gate 30 minutes before departure.

Posted by
2640 posts

Hands Free can only be paid for at bag drop,there is no facility to do this on Line.I asked Easyjet if it was possible to pre-pay for Hands free earlier this year as I use Easyjet many times a year and they said no.
I do think you will have to go through immigration and then back through security as you don't have connecting flights and if that happens to be Gatwick then good luck i think you will need your full 2 1/2 hours.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all for the quick replies. We won't plan on using Hands Free this trip. We've already paid for the tickets so I hope there's a way to add on the extra leg room or checking a bag during online check-in but I suppose we can jam the small day bags into the carry on if necessary.

Thanks again!

Posted by
9674 posts

You will have to exit the secure area anyway since you don't have connecting flights, but rather flights sold by two different operators.